Role opens: 30th October
Closes: 18th November 2019
Shortlisting notified by: 19th November
Creative Bay of Plenty is pleased to open the role for Funding and Projects Advisor. This full time, permanent position is an integral role in helping to move the arts sector forward in the Western Bay of Plenty by providing advice, connection and funding support.
Creative Bay of Plenty is a regional arts support agency, with our purpose to enable arts and culture to thrive in the Western Bay of Plenty. We achieve our purpose through delivery and leadership of Toi Moana and the CUSP framework.
What We Do:
Creative Bay of Plenty leads and supports the delivery of the sub-regional Arts & Culture strategy Toi Moana. We also deliver on a business as usual mandate, in response to sector needs, which can be simply explained through the CUSP framework. This covers:
Connect: We connect creatives to organisation, creatives to projects and audiences to events
Upskill: We provide or direct the sector to, workshops to build business and creative capability for a more sustainable creative eco-system
Support: We support through the leadership and co-delivery of Toi Moana, funding administration of the Creative Communities Scheme and peer mentoring for projects and ideas
Promote: We share sector stories, events and initiatives so that our entire community can participate in more arts and culture, every day
- The Funding position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to artists, groups and organisations, and delivering efficient and consistent funding and grants management guidance, advice, training and connections for the sector. This role is integral in its supporting of CBOP’s vision of enabling arts and culture to thrive in the Western Bay of Plenty.
- Funding needs have been identified as a key priority of our sector, inclusive but not limited to:
Grant writing, sponsorship proposals, connection brokerage and arts funding advocacy
- This role will support the CBOP mandate by providing a sector facing customer service, upskilling and end to end coordination of the Creative Communities Scheme and the Jann Medlicott award.
- The role requires administration, data collection and the provision of accurate and timely information to key stakeholders.
- This role will have a responsibility to develop and maintain a relevant national and local funding calendar and work with the marketing team and sector stakeholders (eg: CNZ, Tauranga City Council) to ensure that the sector is well informed of opportunities. This role has a key focus on developing relationships with local and national funders.
This role will also provide support to the sector by offering peer mentoring and training opportunities (in-house or external) for/on the development of creative projects.
Education, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Proven experience in funding, grant writing and project management
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to build trust and rapport with customers and applicants by phone, internet and email
- Proven and genuine commitment to delivering outstanding customer service
- Demonstrate understanding of and empathy for kaupapa and tikanga Māori
- Experience in managing processes through to completion with efficiency, consistency and attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to identify the processes required to achieve set tasks, including adaptability to changes made to improve quality and timeliness of service
- Demonstrated, proactive commitment to the continuous improvement of processes
- Experience in delivering workshops
- Proficiency in using a grants management system
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills
- Knowledge and professional experience gained across one or more arts practice areas
- Previous professional experience gained within arts and/or funding organisations
Applications close on the 18 November 2019. Applicants are required to send through a cover letter and resume. Please note, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis for candidates whose skills and experience closely match our criteria. So please do not hesitate and apply today.
Please email a one-page cover letter and resume through to email@example.com