Presented by: Chair Up Upholstery Workshops
Simple arm chair or dining chair workshop
Bring a simple dining chair or simple arm chair and turn it into a master piece.
Please send pictures of your chair to email@example.com. Once approved for suitability you can book your space and start stripping it down.
+ Bring along a chair that has one or two panels to cover. No re-springing (that’s to come next year). Any springs must be strong and in good shape.
+ Strip the piece down at home safely (staple/tack remover, Stanley knife, pliers, scissors, hammer, dust mask, gloves). Check out YouTube videos on how to strip furniture.
+ Bring with you the fabric panels, foam, screws, legs, hardware.
+ Take pictures as you go for reference.
+ If sewing is required you will need to be a confident sewer and bring in your own machine. Or ask that friend who sews!
There are only 4 spaces available, so be quick!
Techniques you may learn:
* Attaching webbing and building comfort core
* All about foam (cutting and shaping)
* Measuring and cutting fabric
* I,Y cuts for your chair posts
* Correct stretching and attaching of fabric
* Single and double corner pleats
* Attaching of buttons
* Applying metal back tack, straight, curved or card strip
* Add gimp or piping to your piece single or double (optional)
*Metal, card back, tacks
*Use of pneumatic staplers
*Upholsterers card sheets
Does not include:
Once you complete this workshop you’ll feel confident enough to tackle other projects alone.