Presented by: Story Orchard
Video is everywhere so why not get in on the action! Learn the basics and gain the confidence to create effective and engaging videos.
In this four hour workshop, I’ll take you through the video editing process. You’ll learn how to :
- Assemble your media assets
- Create a project
- Import media
- Review clips
- Arrange clips
- Add audio
- Add titles and logos
- Add still images
- Make adjustments – trim clips, adjust audio, tweak settings like brightness and opacity and re-size visuals
- Export correctly for different platforms like websites, social media and YouTube
During the workshop, I’ll share my tips and tricks for making engaging and memorable videos. There will also be plenty of time to ask questions.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided for morning tea.
For the workshop, I will be showing the techniques with Adobe Premiere Rush. I encourage you to bring your laptops along (make sure it is charged) and install the free Adobe Premiere Rush Starter Plan found here: https://www.adobe.com/nz/products/premiere-rush.html
I’ve chosen this software because it works on PC and Mac. It also has a phone editing option. Rush is also a good lead-in to the advanced editing software Adobe Premiere Pro which videographers like myself use.
The good thing about video editing software is once you know the basics, the interfaces on other beginner editing software often look quite similar.
Prior to the workshop I will supply you with some video clips and stills to download so you can edit with these on the day.
Hi, I’m Kylie and I’ll be your presenter:
I have been producing video content for nearly 10 years. I’ve worked in London, Brisbane and Tauranga completing jobs for clients such as Google and Jaguar. I also have a communication and eLearning background so understand the principles of storytelling.
This workshop would suit:
- Anyone that would like to add more video into their marketing mix. Maybe you are a business owner or work in social media and marketing.
- Those interested in developing their YouTube channel.
- Educators and trainers looking to include more video in their learning materials.
- Parents who would like to edit family memories or their children’s YouTube content.
- People who have been trying to teach themselves but would like to get the information all in one go.
- People who have done some editing but would like to nail the basics and get quicker.