Applications close 5pm, Tuesday 23rd April 2019
An internship provides the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a working environment to those looking to explore or gain the relevant knowledge and skills required to enter into a career in the arts:
- Gain valuable work experience which you can add to your CV.
- Apply knowledge learned in training or education in a work environment.
- Enhance your skills and learn new ones through workplace based learning.
- Explore a new career path.
- Enhance your career prospects.
- Gain networking opportunities and keep close to the labour market.
- Build your confidence through work experience.
- Access and connection with the Toi Māori Aotearoa networks.
- Support from the Toi Māori office.
Interns must be of Māori descent, have a tertiary qualification and/or minimum of three years continuous experience working in the arts as an artist, producer or administrator. The internships are paid and will run for a maximum of 20 weeks based on 37.5 working hours per week.
The Host Organisations for the 2019 MAI Programme are:
- SOUNZ, Centre for New Zealand Music, Wellington
- New Zealand Symphony Orchestra, Wellington
- The BATS Theatre, Wellington
- The Court Theatre, Christchurch
- Enjoy Public Art Gallery, Wellington
- Performing Arts Network (PANNZ) Auckland/Wellington