Listen up, creatives! Tauranga Startup Weekend needs YOUR creative brain...
Tauranga Startup Weekend is coming up on 30 Aug - 1 Sept, and we have a ticket to give away!
*Competition closes 5pm, Monday 26 August 2019*
Make the change you want to see at Tauranga Startup Weekend - Sustainable Development Goals! Address Global Problems by pitching Local Solutions!
Tauranga Startup Weekend is coming up during the Groundswell Festival. Over the course of this community event, participants will pitch a problem, form a team, develop a solution and present your concept to a panel of judges. This hands-on weekend, designed to find solutions to address the challenges posed by the Sustainable Development Goals, delivers practical frameworks to take an idea to a concept, using the lean startup methodology.
With the support of mentors, and the care and hospitality of the volunteer organisers, you will be able to focus on what you came to do: work on new solutions for the good of our people and planet.
- Form strong connections to help bring your idea to reality
- Widen your network
- Build valuable business tools that enable sustainability
- Contribute your creative mind and vision to the conversation
- Assist in doing good for our people and our planet using business as a tool
- Pitch your concept in a safe, supportive space
HOW TO ENTER:
Are you a creative living in the Bay of Plenty? If yes, great! You are eligible to enter.
- Email email@example.com telling us how you could benefit from the weekend in 150 words or less.
- Keep it brief, but specific - we want to hear your creative ideas, and how you could apply them to the Sustainable Development Goals (study up!)
- Email your submission by the closing date: 5pm, Monday 26 August 2019.
Check out these creative pitches from past Tauranga Startup Weekends!
1. Student Artist Collective (SAC): A community of like-minded creatives, providing their craft to the public. (2017)
2. Euphonic: Connecting music learners to local musicians. (2017)
3. Play it Right: An app that uses sound recognition technology to help you learn to play the guitar from the comfort of your own home. (2016)