The Acorn Foundation Coker Classical Arts Scholarship is valued at $1,000 and awarded annually to a Year 13 student who wishes to pursue studies in classical art at Elam School of Fine Arts, University of Auckland.
For a Year 13 student with a proven interest and talent in classical painting, who wishes to pursue studies in classical art at Elam School of Fine Arts, University of Auckland.
Applications for 2021 open on Monday 5 July and close at 5pm on Monday 2 August
Applications to the Acorn Foundation Coker Classical Arts Scholarship are facilitated by Creative Bay of Plenty.
Simple online application process:
- Details of the qualification/course in which you intend to enrol/have been accepted into at Elam School of Fine Arts;
- A brief portfolio of creative work;
- A succinct statement outlining the applicant’s experience, ability and reasons for applying, as well as the impact the scholarship is likely to have on the applicant and how it could benefit the local community in future; and
- Two testimonials from relevant referees.
- Applications must be received by 5pm, Monday 2 August 2021.
Applicants must have:
- Received at least part of their secondary education in Tauranga or the Western Bay of Plenty district and/or
- Currently reside in Tauranga or the Western Bay of Plenty district.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand.
- The selection panel will consist of a representative of Creative Bay of Plenty, a representative of the Acorn Foundation and a representative of the creative arts community to determine the most suitable candidate.
- The scholarship will be paid following confirmation of enrolment at Elam School of Fine Arts.
- All applicants will be advised of the selection panel’s decision.
- The award will be given later this year (Sept / Oct 2021).
- The panel’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of no decision being made due to insufficient or unsuitable applications, the award will be held over for a year and applications will be re-invited.
Please ensure that all questions are answered and that all the required attachments are included. You may jeopardise your chances of success if you do not complete your application properly.
The information requested in the attached application form will be used solely for the purpose of assessing your application for this award. Personal information contained in this application will be made available to members of the selection panel, and staff of the Acorn Foundation and Creative Bay of Plenty.
The Acorn Foundation undertakes to store your application in a secure place in the event that you are successful in gaining an award or are selected as a reserve candidate for an award. The Acorn Foundation undertakes to destroy your application to preserve its confidentiality, in the event that you are unsuccessful in gaining an award. Should you have reason to believe that information held about you in either your application or your academic record is incorrect, you have the right of access to, and correction of, that information.
Funding opportunities and resources to support arts and culture in the Western Bay of Plenty.
CREATIVE COMMUNITIES SCHEME
Funding for community creative arts and culture projects with the aim of increasing participation and support diversity in the arts sector in our region.