Presented by: Downtown Tauranga
Giant advent calendar showcasing Tauranga-based community groups and artists!
Downtown Tauranga are seeking local community groups and artists to create a display to be featured in a Giant Advent Calendar installation. We’re seeking 24 small displays which capture the spirit of Christmas and celebrate the work of our local groups and artists in our community.
The Advent Calendar will be launched on the 1st December in Red Square and is a unique activation to Tauranga city and the region – giving people a chance to come back and enjoy viewing new boxes as they are revealed.
INTERESTED? WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! Give us a call on 07 577 1630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Now until 31st October. Expressions of interest are open to produce a display for an Advent Calendar window
- 18th – 22nd November. Display items to be delivered to Tuskany Agency at 58 Devonport Road – if you are unable to do the installation yourself
- 25th – 29th November. Advent Calendar installed in Red Square, and installations put in place
- 1st December – 24th December. Advent Calendar displayed in Red Square, Tauranga city centre
- 6th – 11th January 2020. Advent Calendar dismantled and all items returned (or earlier by prior arrangement)
- Boxes range in size and each group will be allocated a specific size. Minimum is 450 x 450mm
- All items will be sealed in waterproof boxes, lit at night and the front doors (in front of perspex windows) will be locked until each day of their reveal
- The Advent Calendar will be under Tauranga City Council camera surveillance for added security
- Each individual/group retains ownership of all submitted artwork/contributions
- The Advent Calendar is a 6metre structure that stands 2.4metres high with a depth of 600mm.
- It has 24 windows representing each day in December leading up to Christmas Day. Each window will be filled with an item/s or scene representing the spirit of Christmas