Applications for the Western Bay Mini Arts Grants are open now.
These grants are made possible with the support of TECT and Creative Bay of Plenty.
Purpose of the fund:
To support the resilience of the Western Bay sub-region’s creative sector and increase vibrancy over the winter period by funding creative projects and activations with rapid turnaround mini grants.
- Applicants can be individuals, organisations or informal groups that are not-for-profits, have a charitable purpose or provide a community benefit.
- The initiative for which the funding is sought must involve creativity / culture and engage the community.
- Submissions that demonstrate collaboration will be favourably viewed.
- The initiative must be a new activity and must have a defined start and finish time.
- The fund will not support the arts practice of individuals.
- The project cannot have started or finished at the time funding is applied for.
- It must take place in either Tauranga city or Western Bay of Plenty district.
- Applications are capped at $2000 per project.
Applicants need to:
- Outline the idea and who will be involved in delivering the initiative, ensuring it aligns to the purpose of the fund (see above).
- Estimate how many active participants and audience members, if applicable, will be involved.
- Identify where and when the project will take place.
- Include a realistic budget comprising expenses and income, including any in-kind contributions.
- Show any other funding support that has been achieved or is being applied for.
- If the application is for part funding, identify what aspect of the project the funds will be applied to.
- Commit to reporting outcomes in a form you are comfortable with (ie in writing, visually, or in person) within one month of completing the initiative.
- Return any unspent funds.
- Acknowledge Creative Bay of Plenty and TECT in all publicity.
What has been funded in the past?
Here are some of the projects that were funded in the previous round:
- Large scale mural at Historic Village and youth mentoring – $2,000
- Venue hire for youth theatre production following workshop series – $1,000
- Exhibition depicting how Muslim women see themselves in the world – $2,000
- Performance poet and creative writing workshops – $1,890
- Catering for theatre wellbeing wānanga for rangatahi – $2,000
Want to apply?
Mini Arts Grants Application FormWestern Bay Mini Arts Grants have been established to support the resilience of the local creative sector and increase vibrancy over the winter period by funding creative projects and activations with rapid turnaround mini grants.
Further information or advice:
Contact Annie Hill, Creative Bay of Plenty’s Funding & Capability Advisor, on email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 021 579 348.