Creative Bay of Plenty has teamed up with Face UP Now to deliver the first series of workshops in the CBOP Upskill Pathways. These professional development workshops have been designed to assist creatives in our region with their digital marketing, focusing on social media with the aim of helping creatives better understand and utilise Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Gain greater insight into the power of social media – the main platforms for creatives to focus on and why. Learn the fundamentals of how to use these channels, from the basics through to how to optimise and set up your pages correctly. Discover how to create and follow a social media strategy and how paid Facebook and Instagram ads work.
So whether you want to sell your creations, get booked for gigs, promote classes or workshops or simply get your name out there, these hands-on workshops are designed to give you the confidence to showcase your creative talents and raise your online profile.
Workshop facilitator Leeann Basset – Face UP Now
Leeann is a Social Media Consultant with 23 years of teaching experience, now working with businesses to help grow their online presence. Leeann is passionate about helping people to realise that it isn’t as difficult as they may think and helps teach them the tools to feel confident in promoting their business through social media.
Cost: $50 per workshop – Numbers are strictly limited so get your ticket today!
Workshop One: Your Digital Strategy
15 October 2020 I 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm – SOLD OUT
- Overview of the powers of social media – the platforms for creatives to focus on using and why
- How these different platforms work to help you to grow
- The aim of social media – how to get people to know, like and trust you so they want to work with you/buy your products/attend your classes
- Create a strategy to follow and use for your own social media
- Develop a content plan for your platforms
Click here to book your spot on workshop one
Workshop Two: Mechanics of Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn
29 October 2020 I 10:00 am – 1:00 pm – SOLD OUT
- Instagram 101 – learn the basics of Instagram – how to post, follow another profile, liking a post, how to comment, messaging, saving a post, setting up your bio correctly
- Facebook 101 – making sure your page is fully optimised and set up correctly – how to do this and what needs to be on it
- LinkedIn 101 – how to set up your profile and how to start being active on LinkedIn and grow your network
Click here to book your spot on workshop two
Workshop Three: Social Media Advertising
12 November 2020 I 10:00 am – 1:00 pm – SOLD OUT
- How Facebook and Instagram ads work
- Facebook Business Manager overview
- When to boost a post compared to running a paid ad
- How to create an ad
- How to select the right type of ad for your objective
- How to decide on an ad budget
- How to select and create the right audience for your ad
Click here to book your spot on workshop three