Tauranga Dance Incorporated invites people of any age from Tauranga or the Western Bay of Plenty to apply for an award of up to $2000 for further study in dance.
Tauranga Dance Inc. aims to promote, encourage and foster the study, appreciation and application of dance. They organise three competitions per year, however as a result of COVID-19 the organisation has been unable to hold any in this last financial year. In the absence of competitions, the committee have decided to establish this one-off award as a way to support the local dance community following this challenging year.
The intention of this award is to provide a financial contribution to a student(s) to pursue full time study in a recognised dance course, contribute towards classes, dance workshops or travel as part of their growth as a performer. The award may be made to more than one applicant but will not exceed the full award amount of $2000.
All applications are to be submitted via the digital application form which requires applicants to include:
- Details on what they intend to put the award towards, with any supporting evidence.
- A statement outlining their reasons for applying, as well as the impact the scholarship is likely to have on them.
- One testimonial from a relevant referee (e.g. A dance teacher).
- Applicants must currently reside in Tauranga or Western Bay of Plenty.
- Applications must be received by 5pm, Saturday 31 October 2020.
- The selection panel will consist of members from the TDI and PACANZ committees and a representative of the local arts community to determine the most suitable candidate/s.
- All applicants will be advised of the selection panel’s decision.
- The award will be given in November 2020 for use in 2021.
- The panel’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In submitting your application, you agree to media and social media/digital coverage.
[Image: Alysha Gill]