PROVIDED BY CREATIVE NEW ZEALAND
Applications are closed for the current round of funding. The next round will be opening in August 2018. Sign up for our newsletter to be kept informed on dates.
Creative New Zealand spends over $3.2 million each year supporting around 1,800 projects through the Creative Communities Scheme (CCS). Creative Bay of Plenty, on behalf of Tauranga City Council and Western Bay of Plenty Council, administers the CCS for our districts.
The scheme aims to increase participation from the local community in the arts sector, support the diversity of local cultural traditions and encourage and engage young people to participate in local arts. The term ‘arts’ is broadly defined to mean all forms of creative and interpretative expression.
Who can apply?
Any individual or group can apply on the basis that the individual is a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident. Two rounds of funding are allocated each year.
What are the criteria?
To get funding through CCS, your arts project must focus on at least one of the following:
- Participation – create opportunities for local communities to engage with, and participate in arts activities
- Diversity – support the diverse artistic cultural traditions of local communities
- Young People – enable young people (under 18 years) to engage with and participate in the arts
How do I make an application?
We kindly encourage you to support our move to being a paperless office!
If you have trouble accessing a computer or require some assistance in completing your form online, please contact Lena on 07 9285270.
Please read the Application Guide before completing your application. All forms can be found below. Please use the Tauranga application form if your residential address falls within Tauranga City Council limits, or the Western Bay application form if your address falls within Western Bay of Plenty District Council limits. Please note that combined funding is no longer available, you will need to make two separate applications for projects that intersect both councils. If you're unsure - talk to Lena.
The Application Process
- Download the application form – make sure you download the application form for the relevant sub-region.
- Download the application summary. This document will be an executive summary of your application and should contain the most crucial information.
- Your application form and any supporting documentation should be submitted as ONE PDF file in portrait format. We recommend using a free online PDF editor to merge your supporting documents with your application form. So when submitting your application you will send two documents to us: Your application form (containing supporting documents), and your application summary.
- Make sure you have signed the declaration.
- Once you have submitted your application, it is given to an independent panel to assess. The panel will decide whether your project receives funding or not, and how much money will be granted.
- You may decide to present in person to the panel in support of your application. If so, we will contact you to confirm your speaking time.
- Creative Bay of Plenty will get in touch with you to advise the result of your application.
If you have difficulty with any stage of your application, please get in touch with us. We are happy to help.
Project Completion Reports:
Please see link below to download your project completion report
See more information at http://www.creativenz.govt.nz/find-funding/funds/creative-communities-scheme