The Acorn Foundation Jann Medlicott Creative Arts Scholarship is valued at $2,000 and awarded annually to support the study of creative arts of any genre.
For creatives undertaking or about to commence study in preparation for a career in creative arts.
Applications for 2020 are now closed
Applications to the Acorn Foundation Jann Medlicott Creative Arts Scholarship are facilitated by Creative Bay of Plenty.
Simple online application process:
- Details of the qualification or course in which the applicant intends to enrol;
- A brief portfolio of creative work;
- A succinct statement outlining the applicant’s experience, ability and reasons for applying, as well as the impact the scholarship is likely to have on the applicant and how it could benefit the local community in future; and
- Two testimonials from relevant referees.
- Applicants must be undertaking or about to commence further study in preparation for a career in creative arts.
- Applicants must provide evidence that they are engaged in, or have been accepted for, an advanced study programme or specialised course in the arts.
- Applications must be received by 5pm, Saturday 8 August 2020.
Applicants must have:
- Received at least part of their secondary education in Tauranga or the Western Bay of Plenty; and/or
- Currently reside in the Tauranga or Western Bay of Plenty.
- The selection panel will consist of a representative of Creative Bay of Plenty and a representative of the Acorn Foundation to determine the most suitable candidate.
- All applicants will be advised of the selection panel’s decision.
- The award will be given later this year (September 2020).
- The panel’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of no decision being made due to insufficient or unsuitable applications, the award will be held over for a year and applications will be re-invited.
Applications are now closed.
The information requested in the attached application form will be used solely for the purpose of assessing your application for this award. Personal information contained in this application will be made available to members of the selection panel, and staff of the Acorn Foundation and Creative Bay of Plenty.
The Acorn Foundation undertakes to store your application in a secure place in the event that you are successful in gaining an award or are selected as a reserve candidate for an award. The Acorn Foundation undertakes to destroy your application to preserve its confidentiality, in the event that you are unsuccessful in gaining an award. Should you have reason to believe that information held about you in either your application or your academic record is incorrect, you have the right of access to, and correction of, that information.
CREATIVE COMMUNITIES SCHEME
Funding for community creative arts and culture projects with the aim of increasing participation and support diversity in the arts sector in our region.
FUNDING, AWARDS, SCHOLARSHIPS & GRANTS
A directory of funds, grants, scholarships and awards available to New Zealand creatives and organisations.
Creative Bay of Plenty was initially established in 1969 as the Tauranga Community Arts Council, to support the growth of the arts and culture sector. Creative Bay of Plenty continues this mandate today, with operational funding support from both the Tauranga City Council and the Western Bay of Plenty District Council.